Nu Skin Celebrates 14th Annual Force For Good Day
NU SKIN CELEBRATES GLOBAL HUMANITARIAN EFFORTS AT 14th ANNUAL FORCE FOR GOOD DAY
PROVO, Utah — June 8, 2017 — Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. is celebrating its 14th annual Force for Good Day by participating in humanitarian projects in more than 20 countries. These local community projects are focused on improving the lives of tens of thousands of children.
At Nu Skin’s global headquarters, employees along with their families, will assemble 10,000 back-to-school kits for underprivileged children and donate them to local school districts. In addition, volunteers will help beautify nearby streets by planting shrubbery, painting kiosks and installing bike racks.
“Since the company’s founding more than 30 years ago, our mission has been to be a force for good throughout the world,” said Ritch Wood, chief executive officer. “Our humanitarian efforts are focused on improving children’s health, education and economic circumstances. On Force for Good Day we bring employees and sales leaders together to focus on improving the lives of our friends and neighbors in the communities where we live and work.”
Global Force for Good Day Projects
A sample of this year’s global Force for Good Day projects includes:
- Belgium – Employees in Belgium will donate items such as strollers, baby chairs, sheets, pillows, blankets, hygiene products, bath and kitchen towels and school materials to Moeders voor Moeders, a nonprofit organization focusing on children in need.
- Greater China – Throughout the month of June, Nu Skin Greater China will participate in the Nu Skin bottle recycling activity, to improve the environment for the children. The bottles collected will be reprocessed into other products that will benefit children.
- Japan – Employees in Japan will create more than 2,000 stationery sets as part of the Kits for Kids Project and deliver them to the children at elementary schools affected by the Great East Japan Earthquake. Employees will also pack basic food kits to support approximately 7,000 children in more than 100 foster homes and childcare facilities.
- Korea – Korean employees will assemble 2,000 feminine hygiene boxes for underprivileged teenage girls.
- Singapore – Employees in Singapore will be donating, packing and distributing approximately 500 goodie bags to brighten the day for children in a local hospital.
About the Nu Skin Force for Good Foundation
The Nu Skin Force for Good Foundation provides grants that improve the lives of children by offering hope for a life free from disease, illiteracy and poverty. It began as a campaign in 1996 and was formally organized as a nonprofit foundation two years later. The Foundation is funded by Nu Skin distributor and employee donations and from 25 cents of the sale of each Nu Skin Epoch product. Nu Skin covers all administrative and overhead costs, allowing for 100 percent of donations to be used for humanitarian and charitable causes. The Nu Skin Force for Good Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in the United States. More information is available at forceforgood.org.
About Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc.
Founded more than 30 years ago, Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. develops and distributes innovative consumer products, offering a comprehensive line of premium-quality beauty and wellness solutions. The company builds upon its scientific expertise in both skin care and nutrition to continually develop innovative product brands that include the Nu Skin® personal care brand, the Pharmanex® nutrition brand, and most recently, the ageLOC® anti-aging brand. The ageLOC brand has generated a loyal following for such products as the ageLOC Youth nutritional supplement, the ageLOC Me® customized skin care system, as well as the ageLOC TR90® weight management and body shaping system. Nu Skin sells its products through a global network of sales leaders in Asia, the Americas, Europe, Africa and the Pacific. As a long-standing member of direct selling associations globally, Nu Skin is committed to the industry's consumer guidelines that protect and support those who sell and purchase its products through the direct selling channel. Nu Skin is also traded on the New York Stock Exchange. More information is available at nuskin.com.
Nu Skin Social Media Channels
Nu Skin PR, 801-345-6397, firstname.lastname@example.org
# # #